The Phillips County Conservation District was organized September 20, 1946. The purpose of the District is to assist landowners and operators in the planning and implementation of programs for the conservation and efficient use of land, water and related resources. The District is a non-profit organization and these services are made possible with funds from the State of Arkansas.
The District is governed by a board of five directors: Three of whom are elected by landowners in the district for three years and two are appointed by the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission for three years. The present directors are all active farmers.
The Directors are assisted by the staff of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). NRCS supplies the technical assistance needed to carry out the district program.
MISSION Our mission is to conserve, maintain, and improve National Resources and Environment.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS Earnest Larry, Brian Thomas, Chris Carnathan, Michael Taylor Jr., and Chris Warren